Monday, January 30, 2012

Creepy Abandoned Building With Faces

Stumble Twitter Digg This
In the town of Yarnell, AZ, Julie and I came across a crazy little abandoned building that looked like it was once owned by an eccentric artist.

The front door was fascinating.
While staring at the place, I looked at the vines on the window and startled and gasped when I saw a ghost-like face looking back (what whimsy!)
Then, as I studied it closer, I noticed that at the ends of the struts holding up the eaves were little wooden carved faces dried out and aged by the desert sun...
I've never had a reason to desire to live in an abandoned abode, but this would be the one I would choose. I can't explain how the place felt, except it called to me and I kept coming back and just wanting to stand there. Happy, creative energy and whimsy and a bit of spooky lingering mystery....

Just my kind of place!

No comments:

Post a Comment